Tungsten Ring Care guide:
Let’s be real. There are few men that enjoy anything that’s too high-maintenance. This is exactly the reason that we’ve made our range at Jackal & Dare as low maintenance to care for, as possible.
Here are a few quick tips to keep your tungsten ring clean; ensuring you keep your band looking sharp & feeling damn good on that finger of yours.
First things first, it’s our recommendation that you take your band off at night (both tungsten & silicone). This will help to keep both your finger and the band healthy, let’s face it, there’s nothing fun about under ring sweat. Just like you & me, our fingers need a little fresh air every now & then, so before bed take off your band & place it on your bedside table.
*Lifehack - lot’s of people leave their pieces in the bathroom or by the sink. Tungsten & hard surfaces (i.e. tiled floors) do not go hand in hand. It’s a little like superman & kryptonite. So to keep everyone happy, leave yours on your bedside table.
How do you clean your tungsten ring you might ask? A simple, yet thorough guide coming up.
- Plug your drain
- A simple drop of dish soap (or hand soap) will do. We recommend a dish or hand soap because it’s specifically designed to be gentle on your hands and it’s created to remove grease & dirt, which are the two main aggressors when it comes to having a dirty band.
- Wet a clean cotton cloth and place a drop of soap onto the cloth, create a lather & go to town on your band, removing dirt and any other debris it may have picked up. .
- Use a cotton swab or toothbrush to clean any grooves in or around bevelled edges.
- Once satisfied, rinse your piece in some warm water & dry off. BOOM. A thorough, simple clean.
A few gentle side notes:
- If you’re a big hand sanitizer fan, take your piece off before using it, it will harm the plated finish & degrade your piece over time.
- Whilst your tungsten piece is about as heavy-duty as it gets, we recommend keeping your piece away from harsh chemicals like bleach, Lysol, ammonia, chlorine etc
- We recommend taking your piece off while swimming in chlorinated pools or relaxing in spas & hot tubs.
- Avoid dropping your piece on hard surfaces, as this may damage the ring (Tungsten’s kryptonite).
As low-maintenance as they come. If you run into any issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer support team